EDM-MD Series (Available Latin America only)
Automatic Sliding Door Operators
EDM-MD automatic sliding door operators offers you a high quality and competitive automatic sliding pedestrian door solution, whilst maintaining our proven unbeatable reliability and long service life.
Specifically designed with great consideration to meet your project budget, EDM-MD is our most economical sliding door operator to date. Very easy to install and set up, with time on site greatly reduced to a minimum. This carefully considered operator is now utilised world wide due to its easy operation and useful features included.
CE & EN16005 compliant. EDM-MD meets the highest demands in word safety requirements.
Utilising our advanced Microprocessor technology together with a Brushless motor, EDM-MD is a high quality, automatic sliding door solution for easy open and close operation, offering a range of parameter adjustments and with a host of features and benefits.
Design – Its compact size and functional housing design will compliment any installation project. Designed to automate door panels of either single of bi-parting configuration.
Quality – Utilising our advanced microprocessor control unit with a brushless motor, we achieve near silent and smooth motion. Highly reliable, using only quality electronic parts, EDM-MD automatic sliding door operators adapt effortlessly to varied door widths and weight capacities.
Installation – Installation and maintenance are simplified with modular plug-in parts installed directly from the front, any component can be moved during or after installation. Parts can also be added or replaced with ease, greatly reducing time spent at site. Adjustment can be achieved simply making MICOM sliding door operators quick to install and setup.
Wiring – Available with a quick plug-in wiring hub ‘SMB’ interface board, we can offer a faster means of accessory connection. With battery and sensor monitoring, communication of all accessory and safety signals are combined with battery power and lock control. Working in parallel, these signals are controlled via our Selector Switch for greater ease of operation. All signals and sensor accessories are monitored, complaint with EU Norm EN16005.
EDM-MD can also be used without ‘SMB’ interface board and can accept all current sensors available in the world market today, with the use of our connection terminal provided as standard.
Set-up – Door stroke is memorised one-time during initial installation or for servicing requirements. There is no need for the operator to re-learn each time the main power is turned on.
Setting – A selection of operational parameters are available and can be adjusted to suit each installation through the easily accessible LED visual display found on EDM-MD Control box face.
Compliance – Meeting highest demands of world safety, EDM-MD is CE and EN16005 compliant.
Delivery – EDM-MD is produced to Japanese quality standards in China. Supplied as either a pre-assembled sliding door operator or as a component building KIT.
Suitability – Commercial Entrance or Main Door: For installation in Airports, Hotels, Hospitals, Shops and Stores, Liabries, Schools, Office Buildings and Factories.
- Economical & cost effective sliding door solution
- Universal power input 100-240VAC
- Safe & long term operation guaranteed
- Open door speed 500mm/s
- Weight capacity 100kg per leaf
- Quick installation and set up
- Memorised ‘one time’ teaching stroke
- Easily accessible inputs
- LED Digital control display
- Wide parameter adjustment
- Energy saving (partial open) function
- Emergency Stop
- Ratchet (flip flop) function
- Battery open or close
- Electromagnetic lock (fail safe or fail secure) option
- CE, EN16005 compliant
EDM-MD automatic sliding door operators forms the basis to any door automation solution. Equipped with our trademark microprocessor control and motor drive system, EDM-MD will adapt effortlessly to varied door widths and weight capacities up to 100kg per leaf.
Ease of Installation
With modular plug-in parts installed directly from the front onto our base rail, any component can be moved during or after installation. Components can added or replaced with ease, therefore time spent on installation or servicing is greatly reduced.
- Idle belt pulley & belt tightening bracket
- Belt bracket link (double)
- Control box
- Connection harness
- Motor gear box with vibration proof rubber
- Connection terminal
- Hanger roller bracket with double roller
- End stopper
- Base rail
- Power On/Off switch
Full Door Control
From the very first power on, door optimization is automatic. Utilizing the LED Digital input display provided as standard, all parameters can be adjusted easily (without the need for any hand held PALM or expensive software). Access to operational history, cycle count and error analysis is also possible. Door parameter data can be reset to factory default settings when required.
Control Panel & Adjustment
- Power Input Plug-in 100-240VAC
- Slide Switch – RUN or PROGRAM Mode
- LED Display
- 4 DIP Switch
Sw1- Opening Direction
Sw2 – RS Function (Flip Flop)
Sw3 – CE (Close End) Signal Output
Sw4 – E-Lock
- Motor Plug in
- Sensor harness Plug in
- Test Button
- Up – Parameter Adjustment
- SET – Value Adjustment
(Reset when UP & SET push together)
- INPUT ON LED – Red when activation signal is receivedMD control box_2
- POWER ON LED – Red when power is on
- Digital LED Display – Visual display provided for operational setting and adjustment
- Buzzer – Audible indication of error status (optional)
- Progamme / Run Switch – Utilized to enter the programming mode
- Programme Buttons – Provides stepped access to parameters, functions, applications and values
- DIP Switch – Quickly adjust open direction between Right, Left or Double door
- Function & Parameter Adjustment – Microprocessor technology provides exact door control, wide function input options and digital setting adjustment.
- Memory – Long term memory retention of operational parameters when mains power is off.
- Digital Input Programming
- Wide Operational Parameter Setting
- Memorised one time door stroke
- Easily accessible inputs
- 24V DC Power Output for Accessories
- System Error Diagnosis
- Door Speed & Braking Adjustment
- Energy Saving (% Open) Function
- Press Open / Close against frame
- Open / Close brake point adjustment
- Delay Function for Electric Lock
- Ratchet or Flip-Flop Function
- Sensor / Activation Signal (SS)
- Threshold Protection (SB)
- Hold Open (HO)
- Emergency Stop (ES)
- Panic Open (PS)
- Partial Open (HS)
- Side Screen Safety (AS)
- Compact and powerful motor. High speed acceleration and deceleration is controlled. MICOM enclosed hypoid brushless motor gear ensures safe and long term reliable operation for enhanced operational cost efficiency.
- High speed Motor control (500mm/s)
- 100kg~120kg load capacity
- Compact high precision gear box
- Controlled acceleration and braking
- Smooth and controlled operation
Monitoring & Safety (SMB Option)
SMB is a SENSOR & BATTERY MONITORING SYSTEM which offers compliance with EU Standard EN16005. A modular system for enhanced automatic door safety.
- Easy installation & wiring
- Multi-functional features
- Individual sensor monitoring
- Battery open with monitoring
- 4 Position key function selector
- Individual sensor input
- LED mode & error indicator
- Emergency open input
- 24VAC Power input (Isolated Transformer)
- Night switch Input
- Electromagnetic lock functions
- Signal Input Connection
- External Sensor Input
- Internal Sensor Input
- LED Monitoring Error & Battery Indicator
- DIP Switch – Sensor & Battery Monitoring On / Off
- E-Lock Timer
- Side Screen Input 1
- Side Screen Input 2
- Battery Pack
- Selector Switch Connection
- E-Lock Input / Output
- Battery Connector (Not shown)
Key Selector Switch
- A Rotary Key function selector switch is supplied together with SMB.
- Connected into the SMB hub, all signals are controlled for greater ease of operation.
- Specifically designed so selection can only be performed by authorised personnel using secure key provided.
- SMB will not function without our selector as it is an integral part of our safety in design.
4. Hold Open (Emergency – Anti Panic & Exit – Option)
Electromagnetic Locking System
- Used with EDM-MD Control box standard output – E-Lock Fail Secure (LK1) available.
- Used with SMB (Sensor Monitoring Board) as above – E-Lock Fail Secure (LK1) & Fail Safe (LK2) available.
Rotary Selector Switch (Option)
EDM-MD can accept a stand alone Rotary Selector switch.
- Hold Open (Exit – Option)
EDM-MD – Available from within Europe in formats as follows:
- COMPLETE OPERATOR consisting of: Base Rail, Cover, Control Box, Motor Gear Box, End Covers, Tooth Belt, Belt Bracket Link Assembly, Belt Connection Single & Double Door, Idle Pulley Assembly, Hanger Roller Brackets x4 and Stoppers (COMPLETE OPERATOR – Standard Rail Length: Single Leaf – up to 3000mm, Double leaf – up to 6000mm)
- FULL KIT – (Without Rail & Cover) consisting of: Control Box, Motor Gear Box, Tooth Belt (7M), Belt Bracket Link Assembly, Belt Connection Single & Double Door, Idle Pulley Assembly, Hanger Roller Brackets x4 and stoppers
- RAIL & COVER – (Material Only) – Standard Length: up to 6000mm Available.
When used with SMB, EDM MD can be use with a new range of European Standard (EN16005) sensors such as BEA IXIO-S & Optex 0A-Axis-T.
When used without SMB, EDM MD can also accept all current sensors available in the world market today, such as BEA Eagle & Optex OA-203C together with threshold safety beam protection.
|Door Weight (max)||100kg||100kg x2|
|Manual Force – |
During Power Failure
|24.5 ~ 39.2N (2.5 ~ 4kgf)||29.4 ~ 49.0N (3~5kgf)|
|Power Consumption||200 -240V AC, 0.7A|
|Power Output||24V DC, 300mA|
|Motor Power||55-60 Watt|
|Motor Type||DC 24V / 55W Brushless|
|Rated Operation||1 million opening and closing cycle test completed|
|Open Door Speed||Adjustable 160 – 500mm/s|
|Close Door Speed||Adjustable 160 – 400mm/s|
|Brake Adjustment||0-F value (16 steps adjustable)|
|Partial Open||35%, 50%, 65%, 80% (4 steps adjustable)|
|Operating Temp & Humidity||0°C – 50°C / 30% – 85%|